Monday, April 20, 2015

RACISM

    So in class we're writing about certain topics and whether we agree or disagree that subject. I chose racism, and frankly, what I found in my research is a lot more then I would've expected. I strongly agree that police are racist and shoot black people too readily.

     From 2010 to 2012 the 1,217 police shootings caught in the federal data show that teenage black people were killed at a rate of 31.17 per million, but only 1.47 per million teenage white people died at the hands of police. In 2012, 91% of the people killed by police in Chicago were black, 87% in New York and 100% in Sagina and Rockford. 

     Recently a police officer shot an unarmed 18 year old boy tell death. On other news, an unarmed father of six children got choked to death (an illegal chokehold) on camera, by a police officer, while he pleaded that he could'nt breath. Then, got no indictment. 

     Well, if these statistics do not prove to you that this is racist. I would like to say that this is your decision on how you look on this situation. I, however, strongly agree that police are racist and shoot black people too readily.

1 comment:

  1. What I don't get is why people are still doing this after so many videos, articles and talks about why it is NOT OK.
    There is no biological difference between humans and determining weather or not to shot a person based on there skin colour is just plain wrong!.
    Please visit my blog http://natalieroom10.blogspot.co.nz/

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete